Most people know that they should go to the dentist twice each year for a routine cleaning and exam. Staying current with your professional dental cleanings is not only important for your oral health, but it can also impact your overall health. If you are not taking care of your oral hygiene, you may develop gum infections which have been shown to be linked to a number of serious diseases. These include some types of cancer, strokes, diabetes, and other diseases.
Get the most out of your routine cleaning and exam at your dentist in Jonesboro, AR, by keeping the following things in mind.
- Your teeth may look whiter and brighter after your cleaning since the dental hygienist will be able to remove some of the stains that might have been discoloring your teeth.
- Gum disease is a major reason many people lose their teeth, so keeping your teeth and gums clean will help make sure your teeth last a lifetime.
- Gum disease also contributes to cardiovascular disease, so keeping your gums healthy can actually reduce your risk of developing heart disease and having a stroke.
- Oral cancer is a serious problem among Americans, so going to your dentist for regular exams means that any types of potential problems will be identified early on, making successful treatment more likely.
- When it comes to dentistry, the earlier your dentist discovers problems, the better. At your exam, your dentist will be looking for problems with broken fillings or tooth fractures, both of which can be dealt more easily and less expensively early on.
- If you have insurance, most will cover preventive exams and cleanings. This can potentially save you a lot of money by preventing problems down the road that you would have to pay for out-of-pocket.
- Avoid problems such as bad breath by keeping your teeth clean and healthy with regular cleanings.
- If you go to the dentist regularly, you will know whether you are on the right track with your oral health because the dentist and hygienist will have be able to compare your present visit with your previous visits.
Get the most out of your next routine exam and cleaning by staying current with your dentist in Jonesboro, AR. Call us for an appointment today!