Invisalign in Jonesboro, AR
We all want to look our best and feel great about it, especially during special occasions. Many of us splurge on a new haircut, a beautiful set of clothing, and ensure that we present ourselves nicely. When you smile, you want your teeth to look as polished and well-maintained as the rest of you since your smile is the first thing people notice along with your haircut and a new wardrobe. Nothing can complete your impeccable look like straight, beautiful teeth.
All over the world, cultural standards of beauty include a dazzling smile. Unfortunately, not all of us were born with a perfect smile. If you have crooked, misaligned, protruding, or otherwise uneven teeth, you may feel embarrassed and hide your smile.
Did you know that having uneven teeth can be detrimental to your oral health? Overlapping teeth are hard to clean because brushing and flossing can’t reach all the spots where food debris can get lodged. Crooked teeth can also cause a misalignment in your bite, which can lead to enamel erosion, which in turn leads to cavities or fractures.
For many adults in Jonesboro, the thought of wearing metal braces can put them off from seeking corrective orthodontic treatment. For patients who have active social lives or high-end jobs, the need for inconspicuous dental treatment is high. At Dental Solutions, we are sympathetic to our patient’s needs, and we work hard to provide the best solution for their oral needs.
If you are in Jonesboro, AR, and are interested in changing your smile to the one that you love, please give us a call to schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Harmon-Grantham.
- What is Invisalign?
- Important Benefits of Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
- Orthodontic Conditions That Can Be Treated with Invisalign
- How Does the Invisalign Process Work?
- Are You Ready to Straighten Your Teeth?
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign straightens your teeth using clear plastic aligners, similar to a retainer. Invisalign clear aligners can be used to treat adults as well as teens and straighten teeth in the same amount of time as metal braces and wires.
Clear aligners are made to fit over your teeth throughout each phase of movement and gently push the teeth into place in order to achieve your treatment goals. Many Jonesboro patients enjoy Invisalign because of their discreet look. Invisalign aligners are easy to clean, can be removed for eating or drinking, and are more comfortable than wearing brackets or wires.
Dr. Lauren Harmon-Grantham is an experienced Invisalign provider, having used Invisalign to treat her patients for over 15 years. We have had many happy and satisfied patients who love their new and improved smiles.
Important Benefits of Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
During your initial consultation with Dr. Harmon-Grantham, impressions of your teeth will be made to determine the best course of action for teeth straightening. Invisalign clear aligners are an excellent option for mild to moderate smile treatments. Traditional metal braces are the best option for moderate to severe teeth misalignment. Depending on your particular smile needs, Dr. Harmon-Grantham will let you know what your tooth replacement options are.
While both options have their benefits, many Jonesboro patients appreciate Invisalign aligners for many reasons, including:
- Oral Hygiene - Patients can remove their Invisalign aligners to brush and floss their teeth. It’s not necessary to change your oral hygiene routine or buy special appliances/products to help clean your teeth like you would if you had orthodontic brackets.
- Cosmetic Appearance - The clear aligner is very low profile, many people won’t know you have them in. You can also remove your aligners for special occasions or photos.
- Comfort - The clear aligner is very comfortable; it doesn’t rub your cheeks, lips, or tongue; you will never have to worry about cuts or irritation. Additionally, you won't have to get your wires tightened, which can lead to soreness and tenderness.
- Diet - Our Jonesboro patients can remove their plastic aligners in order to eat. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about restrictions on your diet due to the Invisalign treatment. You also never need to worry about particles of food being stuck in your wires or brackets that you aren't aware of.
- Easy to Clean - Invisalign aligners are incredibly easy to clean. If you notice that they look a little dull or have a funny smell, you can remove them and wipe them down with a soft cloth, mild cleanser, and lukewarm water. Be careful not to scratch them or use hot water, which can warp them.
Orthodontic Conditions That Can Be Treated with Invisalign
Invisalign may not be the best treatment option for severe overcrowding or protrusion; in some cases, metal braces may be the best way to correct your smile. Many of our Jonesboro patients can treat the following issues with Invisalign:
- Deep bite
- Teeth that are chipped due to the patient’s bite misalignment
- Excessive overjet (overbite)
- Orthodontic relapse- patients that have been treated with braces before and their teeth have moved, usually due to failing to wear retainers.
If you think you might qualify for Invisalign, please give our wonderful dental team at Dental Solutions a call.
How Does the Invisalign Process Work?
At Dental Solutions, we believe in patient education regarding dental procedures. We like our patients to be active participants in their own oral health. The Invisalign process is not complicated and is mostly gentle and comfortable.
At your consultation, Dr. Harmon-Grantham will examine you, complete a scan of your teeth to create a 3D model, and take pictures and x-rays. She will determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign treatment and discuss treatment time as well as cost with you. A simulation of your outcome will be available for you to view at this appointment.
Customized Treatment Plan
Dr. Harmon-Grantham will use the 3-D scan of your teeth to determine a proper treatment plan to achieve your ideal result, mapping out which teeth to move, and how much to move them. She will then finalize your treatment plan and allow Invisalign to fabricate your aligners.
Receive Your Aligners and Begin Treatment
Usually, bonding is placed on some teeth at this appointment to help the aligners fit better and move teeth faster. The bonding is not harmful to your teeth, it matches your teeth, so it’s not very noticeable, and it’ll be removed at the end of your treatment. Normally, six aligners are given to the patient at each evaluation appointment, and the aligners are changed every week, making your return evaluation appointments six weeks apart. The aligners are to be worn 22 hours per day, and you’re allowed to remove them to eat, brush, and floss.
Your Beautiful Smile Is Complete
When all treatment objectives have been achieved, you will have a choice of bonded or removable retainers. Dr. Harmon-Grantham will discuss the advantages of each type of retainer. Free whitening trays are also complementary following the completion of your Invisalign treatment.
Are You Ready to Straighten Your Teeth?
There are many reasons patients decide they’re ready for a new and improved smile, but whatever your reason might be, we can help enhance your appearance. During your consultation with Dr. Harmon-Grantham, we will help determine whether Invisalign is the right option for you. Invisalign is a sought after treatment due to the transparent look, removability, and comfort.
We look forward to meeting with you and consulting with you about your smile goals. Straighter teeth are more natural to keep clean and hygienic, along with looking incredible.