Family Dental Care in Jonesboro, AR
Welcome to Our Dental Family!
At Dental Solutions in Jonesboro, AR, we proudly take on the responsibility of caring for your family’s teeth. We believe in the power of good, consistent family dentistry, and we work hard to create a dental environment that is warm, welcoming, and well-suited to your family’s needs.
Our clinical staff and general dentists in Jonesboro have over 130 years of combined experience providing family dental care. We promise that your family is in great hands when you visit our dental practice.
If you or a member of your family is behind on your regular dental cleanings and exams, there is no need to worry! Our Jonesboro, AR dentists are currently accepting new patients and would be happy to treat you, your spouse, and your children at our family-oriented dental office. Simply give our dental team a call at (870) 399-1120 to learn more about our friendly approach to dentistry and to get your next dental cleaning on our calendar!
- The Importance of Dental Prevention
- Convenient Dental Care For You and Your Family
- Personalized Dental Care Tailored to Your Needs
- A Lifelong Commitment to Your Oral Health
The Importance of Dental Prevention 72401
At Dental Solutions in Jonesboro, AR, we believe that preventing a dental problem is exponentially easier than treating a dental problem after it has developed. Good dental hygiene habits and regular visits to your family dentist in Jonesboro will save you time, money, effort, pain, and stress.
Preventive dental care is significantly more than “just a cleaning.” Regular dental appointments are the foundation of a lifetime of good dental health.
There are many components to your regular preventive dental appointments, and all are necessary to ensure your optimal dental health:
Professional tartar and plaque removal
Our hygienists are the very best at what they do, and cleaning is their business. Once plaque has turned to tartar, it must be professionally removed because no toothbrush or floss will get it. During your visit to our dental office, our dental hygienists will use professional dental instruments to give your teeth the deep cleaning they need.
Digital dental x-rays
Digital dental x-rays show us the places on your teeth and surrounding gums that eyes alone can’t see, which allows us to catch problems earlier and save your teeth before the decay becomes too severe. Cavities in between teeth can be visible on an x-ray at least a year before they are noticeable on a visual exam. Areas of bone loss and abscesses can also be detected with x-ray before they are far enough along to cause pain or problems. All of this means less costly or invasive treatment for you down the road. The need for dental x-rays is a huge motivator for you to stay current on your dental exams!
Oral cancer screening
Every time you visit our Jonesboro general dentist, we perform an oral cancer screening as part of your regular dental cleaning and exam. If caught early, oral cancer is far easier to treat than other types of cancer. Because we are already looking around, this is the perfect time to make sure nothing is growing or developing in your mouth that shouldn’t be.
Home care instruction
During your regular dental appointments, we can identify problem areas and give you tips and tools to better clean these parts of your mouth at home. Excellent at-home care between checkups is vital to keeping your smile healthy.
Intraoral camera tour of the mouth
Using our intraoral camera technology, we can show you problem areas or specific teeth in your mouth and educate you about them. We can also use this technique to keep track of areas in your mouth to ensure any conditions don’t worsen.
Convenient Dental Care for You and Your Family
We understand how hard it can be to get you and your family to the dentist, especially if you need to come back for follow-up care. We have three full-time hygienists to help provide more flexible appointment times for you.
We can also plan your treatment appointments to fit your needs by grouping more treatment into one appointment or by spacing appointments out to fit your schedule. We are typically open Monday through Friday of every week, but we also offer emergency dental appointments daily for the unexpected toothache or broken tooth.
If you and your family need to see the dentist in Jonesboro, AR, don’t wait to give our Dental Solutions team a call at (870) 399-1120. We will work with you and get you on our calendar to see Dr. Burris or Dr. Harmon-Grantham within the coming weeks.
Personalized Dental Care Tailored to Your Needs
Dental care is not one-size-fits-all. As you grow and change in life, so do your dental needs. We work diligently to keep up with those changes and provide you with the care most suited for you. A few examples of this include:
- Kids and young adults: With children’s dental care, it’s all about prevention and getting into good home care routines. When your children visit our dental office, we use fluoride varnishes and sealants to help get them through the early years cavity-free. Young adults are in the prime time to start getting tooth decay. Candy, sodas, and energy drinks are available at an all-time high at this age. If we cannot prevent cavities completely, we do our best to catch them early and repair them while they are small
- Expectant mothers: Your body changes dramatically in the ten months you are pregnant. Unfortunately, the way these changes can negatively affect your mouth is often overlooked during the process. Nausea, which is common in the first trimester, can cause acid erosion of enamel if it is severe enough. Additionally, increases in hormones and blood production can cause bleeding and swelling of the gums and make it harder for you to keep those areas of your mouth clean. By understanding the changes as they happen, we can better help you prevent problems
- Changes as you age: Maturity is generally accompanied by more medicines and increased medical conditions. Many of these medicines can cause dry mouth, and some can cause serious healing problems in the mouth. Type 2 diabetes is also associated with a greater risk for periodontal disease and delayed mouth healing. Keeping all these factors in mind can allow us to best plan your care
If you have concerns about your oral health due to one of these medical conditions or a condition not listed here, please don’t hesitate to contact our family dentists in Jonesboro, AR. We want you always to have access to the treatment you need to thrive, so give us a call any time at (870) 399-1120.
A Lifelong Commitment to Your Oral Health
Taking care of your teeth is not just about getting them cleaned, filling a cavity, or brushing and flossing. Your mouth does a lot of work each day when chewing, talking, and smiling. Unfortunately, wear and tear on your teeth comes along with all that work.
Even with regular checkups and great at-home care, areas in your mouth wear out and need attention. Our goal is to provide all of the tools needed to keep your teeth and gums healthy for a lifetime. Call us today at (870) 399-1120 to schedule your family’s next dental appointments!