Invisalign in Jonesboro is an excellent choice for patients who want to straighten their teeth without traditional braces. The Invisalign system relies on clear, plastic aligners for discretion.
If you’re considering clear orthodontics, you may have questions like how Invisalign works and the dos and don’ts.
How Invisalign Works
If your dentist in Jonesboro approves you for Invisalign—decides at the consultation that it will work for your orthodontic needs—we take careful impressions of your teeth. Then we send these results to the Invisalign lab for aligner fabrication.
When your aligners arrive in our dental office, you come in to have the first one placed. From there, you change out your aligners according to your dentist’s instruction—usually every two weeks. When you finish your aligner, you also complete therapy.
Periodically, throughout treatment, you visit your dentist to ensure your teeth are straightening on schedule.
After treatment, your dentist provides a customized retainer for night use. This keeps your teeth in their new straight positions.
Invisalign Dos and Don’ts
- Don’t attempt to eat with your aligners in your mouth.
- Do remove your aligners temporarily to enjoy meals.
- Don’t avoid brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Do remove your aligners temporarily to brush and floss at least twice daily.
- Don’t use harsh soaps and hot water to clean your aligners.
- Do use mild soaps and room temperature water to clean your aligners.
- Don’t remove your aligners for long periods.
- Do wear your aligners for at least 22 hours per day.
- Don’t skip dental appointments.
- Do visit your dentist on schedule for Invisalign checks.
- Don’t ignore oral health changes like sores in the mouth or oral pain.
- Do report all oral health changes to your dentist.
- Don’t ignore your dentist’s instructions during treatment or post Invisalign.
- Do follow your dentist’s instructions for best results.
For Orthodontics in Jonesboro, Give Us a Call
Straight teeth promote a healthier and more beautiful smile. Reach out today to get started.